Cannabis has been used throughout the centuries as a medicinal plant, just as aloe vera or tea tree are used today.
However, it is now, when they are isolating and certifying the properties of the different components of hemp that do not have psychoactive effects, such as CBD, CBG, CBN...
What is CBD?
CBD is a component of cannabis whose therapeutic effects could speak for themselves. This substance, on everyone's lips, deserves a separate article to explain in depth how it works and the advantages that its consumption can bring us.
Cannabis, a plant used for its medicinal power since ancient times, is composed, among other components, of elements called cannabinoids. These principles act on our brain, triggering different types of responses and reactions.
CBD (cannabidiol) is one of the two most important components of the cannabis plant, along with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Both substances are found in variable proportions, depending on the strain and make up the chemical structure of marijuana, along with other cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, etc...
How does CBD work?
In recent years, CBD has been gaining importance in the medical field. If, until a few years ago, the most sought-after substance when growing cannabis was THC, the discovery of the effects that cannabidiol has on the body has led to increased interest in its study and production.
The most important advantage of CBD is that it is not psychoactive . This makes its medicinal properties free of side effects, and the possibilities of use are multiplied. The mechanisms of action of CBD are through serotonergic receptors found in the nervous system and in the intestine. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is responsible, among other things, for regulating sleep, appetite and mood. This way of action makes CBD especially useful for treating problems of insomnia, anxiety, stress or depression.
On the other hand, cannabidiol also has a powerful analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect , since acts on pain perception centers . Another important therapeutic property of CBD is that it acts as an anticonvulsant , thus opening up new avenues for the treatment of epilepsy.
THE BENEFITS OF CBD
CBD is currently the most commercialized. Studies are showing that it has a host of health benefits, and not just for us, but for our pets as well.
Its therapeutic effects are both physical and emotional. Therefore, there are many forms and types of products that you can find made based on cannabidiol. It is sold in creams, oils, food supplements, air fresheners made with terpenes ...
A LARGE RANGE OF OPTIONS
Depending on the use or alteration to be treated, it will be more appropriate to use one type of product or another.
- Food supplements , taken daily, can relieve stress, anxiety, post-traumatic stress or insomnia. In addition, these calming properties are suitable for use in addiction problems, as they help to cope with withdrawal caused by smoking, alcohol, marijuana ...
- Hemp oil , when taken orally, acts on different parts of the body. It leaks into the circulatory system, improving its functioning, so it has several benefits on the heart and your health. It reaches the bones, its receptors absorb it, strengthening the bone tissues. In cases of arthritis or fractures, it can endow the bone with greater resistance.
- Creams and ointments improve the skin, providing hydration and relief in the case of diseases such as psoriasis. It is also indicated for muscle aches, due to its calming and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Products for pets are also varied, they sell oils, creams or even feed. These elements improve pet hair, relieve pain and, as in humans, are recommended for diseases such as arthritis.
In addition to CBD there are other compounds in cannabis with therapeutic effects for the body such as CBG or CBN . These extracts are less known, but are under continuous investigation to discover all their benefits.
CBG is considered the "stem cell" of cannabis. Its possible neuroprotective effects are being investigated, which could stop the growth of tumors. It acts as a muscle relaxant and has anxiolytic effects.
CBN has a more direct effect. It is the cannabinoid with the most sedative load. It can be compared to that of a mild pharmaceutical sedative. Other preclinical studies include the treatment of psoriasis, burns, and their contribution to the growth of bone tissue.
Research on these elements is constantly in motion to discover all their properties and how to use them for our health.
The benefits of the different CBD presentations have been tested and proven. Its high therapeutic power without having side effects is the greatest advantage of CBD compared to other drugs or products.
Summarizing, we could say that the most important benefits of cannabidiol are:
- It is not psychoactive.
- It has no side effects.
- It is a natural compound.
- It has a great sedative power.
- It is analgesic.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- It is effective against seizures of epilepsy.
- Acts as an antidepressant.
- It induces sleep.
Studies continue to better understand how CBD works and expand its therapeutic possibilities, beyond those that are currently known and that provide unquestionable benefits.
In mycbdhealhy.com we will update this information based on the results of the latest studies at respect.
Next, we list some of the Properties associated with the use of cannabinoids:
- Anti-nausea and Antiemetic
- Withdrawal Syndrome Reducer
Therefore, they are currently being used for the following types of treatments:
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Chemical Dependencies
- Inflammatory Diseases
- Chemotherapy Accompaniment